Friday, November 8, 2013

23 weeks.

And another week flew by bring us to 23 weeks pregnant. I felt so proud to make it to 17 weeks pregnant and though it wasn't that long ago, now that's all we have left {hopefully! --> Keep fingers crossed!}.
How far along: 23 weeks

Symptoms: I forgot to mention it two weeks ago but I am starting to see parts of my bellybutton I had hoped never to see; I dare predict a potentially stretched out and flat belly button by late February/early March. This week I felt more queasiness {still!} and hunger. I feel a strong need for animal-derived protein {feed me meat [preferably chicken]!!!!!} each day and the past day I've been thinking fondly about eating some peanut butter; do we have a muscle-builder on our hands here?

I also am still feeling very full if I eat over a certain amount. Full as in, woah, this belly is stretching.

The linea negra is still there though I've yet to notice any stretch marks.

My legs feel a bit restless at times which makes me think I should/need to be exercising.

Wait gain: 149...not bad considering where I was at a week ago {148} and that I'm still eating a decent amount.

Size of baby: a grapefruit or large mango --> yum, fruit salad!

Exercise: we hiked in Shenandoah last weekend and I went on a couple of walks this week. The first hike was brutal because it was straight downhill {my calves and quads!} and that also included straight uphill - about a mile and a half of it all. But it was pretty and it was a good thing for us to get outside.

Milestones: nothing, as far as I can tell. A few weeks ago someone in public asked when I'm due, that was a first, but nothing else has really happened.

We read to the little dude/dudette some nights {Goodnight Moon, Where the Wild Things Are}, though Mike doesn't think it's the best use of his time. I'd like to establish a good bath/story time/bed routine as earlier as possible so why not start now {minus the bath & bed time}?!

What I miss: it's getting hard to lean over and put on socks/shoes.

Sex: not yet, the stinker.

Movement: still going at it and I'm loving every second. There were a couple of really active days and then a couple of not-so-active days; the quieter days are almost hard because they make me worry a bit but then he/she gets at it again.

What I'm looking forward to: finishing our registries. Mike never helped me register for our wedding so I can at least get him to do this one.

Thoughts/questions/concerns: I hope the babe puts on a good show for us; we go in not this week but the following for a scan to check that cyst and hopefully see the sex.

Sleep: I'm waking up every two to three hours for the bathroom; this seems to have recently developed...not fun. Sleep quality is good though.

Goals: get in a walk this weekend and one next week. Maybe stretch a bit too.

Switch to the birth center after the next ultrasound.

Buy or borrow from the library Ina May Gaskin's book on giving birth; I've heard it's a nice read that helps to normalize a process that seems to have been made somewhat feared and/or unnatural.

Get a baby book!

Random: it's hard to believe that the holidays are almost here...time to crank up the Christmas music {it happens earlier and earlier each year anyway...}.

Also, I've been slogging through some baby books which I'm really enjoying; there's always something to learn.

2 comments:

  1. Cuter and cuter. Glad to hear about the hiking and that you enjoyed it! Hey, Megan gave us a book for you called The Baby Book, by Sears and Sears. Have you heard of it? It takes you through the first two years, and she loved it. She just happened to have two, so i will hold it here for you if you don't already have it. Love your blog, Nathalia. Can't wait for the next ultrasound! Love to the three of you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet; thanks Kathy and Megan!!! We would love to snag that read NEXT MONTH!!! We love you too and are looking forward to the next few weeks as well =)

    ReplyDelete