Friday, November 1, 2013

22 weeks.


And what a great World Series win for Boston!! Which brings us to…
Kind of a weird angle but the bump is very prominent. And I'm tired; this is at the end of a really long day - I'm in real clothes only because we were out with friends and I wasn't at home/able to change into an elastic waist.
How far along: 22 weeks

Symptoms: a squirmy baby…and a light linea negra – the line that forms from the belly button down on some women during pregnancy. And continued pregnancy gingivitis {uck} so my gums bleed when I brush and floss and they’re swollen {I’m finally calling a dentist this week}…that one’s been happening for a while but I keep forgetting to write it down. Still very hungry all the time but I do get really really full {feel like my belly is gonna pop} whereas pre-pregnancy I’d just feel really full.

Wait gain: I’m at 148 now; up four pounds from last week which is Not Good. But, in my health’s defense, I just ate a large dinner and drank a ton of water so I’ll check it out again in the morning.

Size of baby: a papaya or a spaghetti squash. Another odd set of produce comparisons.

Exercise: nothing. But maybe that weight gain will spur me on to walk a bit.  

Milestones: Not much, just continuing to be thankful for a healthy pregnancy and hoping for it to continue this way.

What I miss: nothing =)

Sex: not yet!

Movement: yes and it’s getting a bit stronger. The little guy/girl is so roly-poly some days and I love it so much.

What I'm looking forward to: finding out boy or girl and going home to visit family; since it’s November I can officially say we see them all next month!

Thoughts/questions/concerns: just waiting for that next ultrasound.

Sleep: I just wish I were getting more of it. But the quality is just fine, though I was battling some sinus issues this week and the congestion was making breathing at night very uncomfortable - bottom line: I got over it.

Goals: get in some exercise? And switch to the birthing center.

Random: We’re going back to Shenandoah for an overnight tomorrow; we’ll be staying in the lodge and not camping, which is much easier but still enjoyable. Next week is going to be a long one at work/school for us both but then Thanksgiving break {we each get the whole week} is on the horizon.

2 comments: