Friday, October 25, 2013

21 weeks.

Same pants as last week; even though I'm wearing mostly maternity things now, it seems as though the supply may need some diversifying.
How far along: 21 weeks

Symptoms: good movement. Feeling a bit sick at the start of the week. Feeling really sick, actually – it was hitting me at around 3 in the afternoon and it would last for a couple of hours. It’s subsided in the past day but it was weird that it came back. 

Also, despite the queasiness, I’ve been RAVENOUS. We have a really nice dining hall at work {akin to a small college’s cafeteria} and I almost feel embarrassed at lunch each day when I visit each station for something. Maybe baby’s having a growth spurt? I’ve also been feeling full faster, despite all the eating. It’s mostly in the evening when I’m not as active after I eat {as opposed to lunch when I go right back to the classroom} so that's probably why. I’ve been more tired than usual this week too so maybe definitely a growth spurt.

Wait gain: up to almost 144 this week. Yeah, something’s happening. I’d been keeping steady at a one pound gain a week, which is what I’m supposed to do from here on out, but this is almost three pounds in a one week span. Let’s hope it doesn’t keep up like this!

Size of baby: a carrot or a pomegranate. I think this week’s combination is the weirdest duo.

Exercise:  same as last week -
nada; does teaching high school count? Mental exercise?

Milestones: We got our first baby clothes {other than some fun shoes
♥} in the mail {thanks Jacqui and Aaron!!!!} and Mike has felt more kicks but not much else. I’ve been working on a registry too, which is kind of a milestone?

What I miss: nothing =)

Sex: not yet!

Movement: yes and I love it. It’s nerve-wracking when baby isn’t as active at some times as at other times but he/she starts squirming around pretty quickly after taking a rest so then I feel better.

What I'm looking forward to: finding out the sex!!! Going home in December to California and Arizona.

Thoughts/questions/concerns: just waiting for that next ultrasound.

Sleep: it’s been kind of crummy this week but I don’t think it’s pregnancy related.

Goals: get in some exercise? And switch to the birthing center.

Random: I’m HAPPY it’s Friday! I guess maybe it’s kind of neat to think about how for all of the things we’re doing right now {going back to school, pumpkin carving, apple picking, gearing up for the holidays…}, it’s the last time we’ll do it all without a little one in tow…I think it’s a very exciting and happy thing.

And, I think I may have "popped" a bit this week? Here's a side by side from this and last week.
My head looks so tiny in this week's shot; weird angle.
All that eating was for something!

And here's the poor hound feeling scared and neglected while I was doing my self-photoshoot.
Look by the blue & white bag. And those cute shoes on the right!!!
In the foreground that's our drying rack that was moved out of the normal spot and Guinness was NOT A FAN of what was going on.

2 comments:

  1. Nathalia, you make those clothes look so cute! And the shoes really are cute too. Give Guiness a hug from us. Love your blog...and you. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kathy ♥ we love you too!

    ReplyDelete