Monday, September 30, 2013

13 weeks.

The last day of August brought me to 13 weeks on August 30th, 2013.
One of my eyes was really bothering me the past week hence the spectacles.
How far along: 13 weeks.

Symptoms: tummy is feeling better, just like they say it does after week 12. The bosom is holding a bit steady. My legs killed me on an attempted long run last weekend so I decided to tone it down.

Wait gain: 11 pounds total; 131 up from 120.

Size of baby: a pea pod or peach, depending on The Bump or Babycenter.

Exercise: I’m on a self-imposed hiatus. It could’ve been the addition of the heat but I about died during our weekend runs last weekend and I, with the coaching and support of my husband, decided that it’s totally ok to accept being a different runner now. 

Or not a runner for now.

I’m done for at least now and I’ll hopefully start up when I feel ready again but I will say that it was psychologically tough on me to feel so bad {drained and completely dead legs} during a run. It wasn’t even the length {we had been going for 13 or 14 miles} because I felt like that about a block into our route. I’d like to keep active, obviously, and being on my feet at work is a good start {that’s what I tell myself} and I’m comfortable giving my self time to not run and just ease back into it whenever. 

Though I wouldn’t mind, again, some prenatal yoga.

Milestones: telling one class because I got hit with a wave of exhaustion in class and felt the need to ‘fess up.

What I miss: I miss my old wardrobe options and being able to pick out whatever I felt like in the mornings. Now it’s a carousel of outfits until I find one that fits and looks OK.

Sex: not yet!

Movement: not yet!

What I'm looking forward to: getting to rest this weekend! And seeing a doctor.

Thoughts/questions/concerns: I am so worried that I won’t ever be able to run again like I’m used to, but surely thousands of women have gone back to their normal routine. I’m sure my body will look and feel different but I’m very hopeful that my running will once again feel the way I’ve always known it to.

Goals: make that doctor’s appointment.

Random: this week at work just about did me in. There was back to school night {#1 out of two} and I’m just pooped. The next few weeks are shaping up to be the same but hopefully once September is nearing its end things will even out a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment