Monday, September 30, 2013

15 weeks.

We went to Minnesota for dear Rebecca and Josh's wedding and I hit 15 weeks on September 13th, 2013.
Loving my faux Zubaz.
How far along: 15 weeks

Symptoms: the queasiness came back this week, in kind of a gross way. And all of a sudden I'm really hungry which is funny since I'm queasy. But being full helps me to feel better later, especially in the morning - I even had a late night snack of nachos this week.

I've also had a bit of achiness here and there, but I think it's from being on my feet all day long.

The bosom is still sore and growing a wee bit more.


Wait gain: the doctor's scale this week said 135 which would put me at a 15 lb wait gain but that was in the middle of the afternoon after having had eaten a big lunch so I'm thinking {hoping} it's more like 132 or 133. Either way, those are numbers I'd never seen before - this is getting real.

Size of baby: a navel orange or an apple!

Exercise:  nada. I've been continuing my break from running AND work has been consisting of some 12 hour days {and nine and ten} so I'm toasted by the end of the day. The doctor mentioned trying to walk in the evenings which I'd like to try this week when we get back home; the past week was hard because there was back to school night and I was working late getting my substitute plans in order.
 
Milestones: I finally made it to the doctor and heard the heartbeat, which was a beautiful sound. It had been so long since I had heard it/had a confirmation {since July} so I was anxious to have that experience.

And I got some maternity clothes in the mail - the jeans are glorious.


What I miss: we're at a wedding this weekend and a mimosa or margarita with friends, as well as a dip in the hotel hot tub would be nice, but I am looking forward to feeling fine the morning after the wedding!

Sex: not yet!

Movement: not yet!

What I'm looking forward to: finding out the sex next month.

Thoughts/questions/concerns
: I am concerned about gaining too much weight since I'm not consistently exercising and I'm eating more. I know you're not supposed to eat a great deal more but I've always been a light eater during the day so this is a big change for my body – and I don't want to deprive the little blob of any nourishment. Plus, eating and being full keeps the nausea at bay. Except for being on this mini vacation for a wedding I'm eating a pretty balanced diet {fruit, salad as part of lunch...}, though I could get in more vegetables. I used to eat a ton of raw veggies throughout the day but those just make me feel not good so even though I fit in a salad, it's just leaves, but I do eat cooked vegetables which are better than nothing.


Goals: start walking this week maybe get in a short run. Stay at work less and be at home to relax.

Random: I'd been thinking of making a quilt for baby. My goal is to get that dusty old sewing machine out and crank out some seams on the weekend. I think I'll start in October since the rest of this month is busy already.

No comments:

Post a Comment