Monday, September 30, 2013

16 weeks.

I had mentioned in the week before that I'd like to make a quilt for baby and then Rebecca up and showed us just how beautiful friendship is by making each of her five bridesmaids a quilt. Enough quilt to wrap up in on the couch. That girl.

The week home with my new quilt brought me to 16 weeks on September 20th, 2013.

How far along: 16 weeks
 
Symptoms: queasy, tired, bosom hurts and is growing {totally growing [for me], like, woah!} {& getting lopsided :/}, and my upper back hurts {?!} {could it be from needing a better bra? I don’t think the change in size up there is that big of a deal but I’ve always been extremely petite so perhaps even this much of a change makes a difference}.

Wait gain: 136 this week, up one from last week. Not too shabby for the amount of eating that transpired over our weekend in Minnesota.

Size of baby: an avocado!

Exercise:  nothing still. I didn’t make/find anytime for walking and haven’t attempted a run yet. I am so tired by the end of the day and with my upper back hurting really badly all of a sudden it’s hard enough to make dinner and take a shower. Plus it’s 8 PM by the time those two things happen…

Milestones
: I maybe felt a tiny flutter one or two nights while lying in bed but I don’t think it was baby. And we’ve officially said goodbye to our last summer as childless married folks. It’s funny the think of all of these “lasts” when the actual baby seems so far away.

What I miss: my back not hurting! But nothing much else this week beyond running. Mike has been getting in his runs and I feel so jealous when he gets home because that post-run feeling is like nothing else.

Sex: not yet!

Movement: not yet!

What I'm looking forward to
: finding out the sex next month.

Thoughts/questions/concerns: Why does my back hurt this way?

Goals: same as last week à start walking this week maybe get in a short run. Stay at work less and be at home to relax.

Random: I remembered that I’d like to get an actual paper/hard copy baby book. My mother-in-law and I saw some really cute ones at the National Archives gift shop this summer and I took pictures of them so I could maybe search and find the same ones online to choose from and order.

No comments:

Post a Comment